[WikiEN-l] stable versions

Grease Monkee welloiledmachine at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 13:43:27 UTC 2007

On 9/9/07, Florence Devouard <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Another thing I would like to see is for an anonymous editor visiting
> the website, have the opportunity to very simply change the viewing
> system "view by default flagged versions when available" or "always see
> the latest version for all articles". Toggle type.

Disagree - let's observe the [[KISS]] principal to start with, just for the
simple purpose of getting this project moving. Leave the whistles and bells
for later.  X100.

Otherwise, I mostly hope that there will be discussions, plain rejection
> of the tool or acceptance with improvment.
>
> What I hope will NOT happen is a system where editors say
>
> "we are happy to have this system only if there are improvementx X and
> Y". Then setting the system on with a promise that the improvements are
> coming in soon. Then see a situation such as the Single Login, where the
> so-called improvements take 5 years to be done. This would be very wrong.
>
> Ant

Good point - we will need to  'work the problem' until we get it right.
Unless the feature happens to be so awful that we need to start over.

Just out of curiosity, Anthere,  Is there documentation available to the
community that describes what exactly this feature is? If I wanted to
evaluate this feature, where could I find it at http://svn.wikimedia.org/?