[WikiEN-l] stable versions

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Sun Sep 9 16:24:28 UTC 2007

Gregory Maxwell wrote:
> On 9/9/07, Bryan Derksen <bryan.derksen at shaw.ca> wrote:
>> I'm not a coder at all, I'm an editor. If I'm not supposed to
>> believe anything I read on the mailing list without checking out
>> SVN repositories and such to confirm it first-hand, what's the
>> point in reading the mailing lists at all?
>
> You don't have to be a coder to ask critical questions like "Have you
>  actually coded anything yet?".

I have done so in the past, and have been told in the past that the
code was in place, or just needed to be optimized, or was written but
not put into the main repository, etc.

You were telling me that whenever anyone says something like that I
shouldn't believe anything of the sort and should instead check out the
source tree personally (presumably learning PHP if I don't already know
it). So again, what's the point in asking? And since coding is only half
the battle, how does this apply to the question of actually implementing
the feature in the live Wikipedia?