[WikiEN-l] stable versions

Matt R matt_crypto at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 10 06:15:32 UTC 2007

--- Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com> wrote:
> Show me the promises.
>
> Until fairly recently (i.e. when real development started) the only
> 'promises' of stable version that I've seen are speculation by
> non-developers and hand-waving arguments that some casual comment by a
> developer is really why the community shouldn't implement a half
> measure early.

Well, according to a Wikipedia Signpost article from last year, "MediaWiki
developer Brion Vibber made a number of announcements at Wikimania [2006];
among the most notable were the announcement of plans to implement single-user
login and stable versioning by the end of the year."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Signpost/2006-08-07/Wikimania_tech

-- Matt