[WikiEN-l] The more I think about my ban from Wikipedia, the more I realize how wrong it was.

Philippe Beaudette philippebeaudette at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 21:02:22 UTC 2007

You know, I sympathize with you - really, I do.  I'm not being sarcastic when I say that.  However, I also point out that I've been a user for about a year now, have never received a (legitimate) warning, have never been called a troll, and I get along within the Wiki policies pretty well.  Some of 'em I don't like, so I take a run at changing them, within process.

Some people I don't particularly like, so I ignore them.

So, an observation from someone who doesn't know you, and hasn't looked at your record in great detail: what's the difference b/w you and I?  You push the envelope.  You poke people.  You see a spot and stick your finger on it to see what happens.  You can't just ignore someone, you want to make sure they KNOW you're there.  When you do that, you get into trouble.

Just an observation.