[WikiEN-l] Who's moderated?

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Tue Sep 4 07:41:30 UTC 2007

James Farrar wrote:
> On 03/09/07, Zoney <zoney.ie at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 03/09/07, Mark Ryan <ultrablue at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> 266 list members are currently moderated, out of the 901 list members.
>>>
>> Wow - I didn't realise the list membership was so small! (considering the
>> size of Wikipedia) Also 266/901 is a rather hefty proportion on moderation I
>> would have thought - almost 30% of the total membership!
>>
> I would imagine that the vast majority of them have never posted, and
> hence never been automatically taken off moderation.
266 does seem high.  Many of these should probably be reverted to a
newbie status if they haven't tried to post for a significant time.
Chronic spammers with no hope of ever being reinstated might be better
placed in a separate list.  The concern in this thread may be limited to
only those individuals who have been put on moderation, after having
once been accepted.  That should be a much smaller list.

Rather than providing a list, when an active member is put on
moderation, a simple announcement that Xxxx has been put on moderation
for yy days because of Zxxx should do the trick.

Ec