[WikiEN-l] Who's moderated?

Eugene van der Pijll eugene at vanderpijll.nl
Mon Sep 3 18:25:05 UTC 2007

crock spot schreef:
> On-wiki block logs are publicly available, so I don't see a huge moral
> dilemma with a disclosure of the moderation list.

On WP, there is no expectation of privacy in this matter, at least not
by people who are familiar with the system. On the mailing list, there
is, because moderation logs have up to now not been made public.

One difference between these two mediums is that users can choose to be
completely anonymous on the site, by chosing a random account name, but
users of the mailing list can be identified by a "real-world" email
address.

> If I was on moderation (which I think I am), I would like to know that, and
> why.

I think this mail of yours was let through without moderation. Moderated
posts can be recognized from their full headers, if I'm not mistaken
(I cannot be sure though, because I only know of 1 moderated contributor
at the moment).

Eugene