[WikiEN-l] Harassment sites

joshua.zelinsky at yale.edu joshua.zelinsky at yale.edu
Sun Oct 21 23:06:55 UTC 2007

Quoting Will Beback <will.beback.1 at gmail.com>:

> If Wikipedia becomes known as a volunteer job that leads to off-site
> harassment that the community will do nothing to stop then that might
> tend to reduce the appeal of editing too.

Will, as many editors have pointed out to you, we aren't saying that we
shouldn't do anything. The objection is solely to the removal of links that
would otherwise definitely be in an article.

> I again dispute that removing poor sources harms NPOV.

Again, we've already explained how these aren't "poor sources" and multiple
editors have already discussed how this harms NPOV. Simply saying "I again
dispute X" doesn't make the arguments for X any weaker.