[WikiEN-l] 2007 Nobel Prizes and the Completeness of Wikipedia

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 19:05:56 UTC 2007

On 17/10/2007, charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
<charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Gwern Branwen wrote
>
> >> This is not a novel technique: far from it. I'm not aware of it having a
> name, a WikiProject, any stature on the site.
>
> >How about [[Wikipedia:WikiProject Missing encyclopedic articles]]?
>
> Well, OK. There are numerous examples of what I meant. I keep on
> finding lists in user space. But what I'm not talking about is just
> having one master list. I'm talking about manageable topic lists
> created by all those interested in this kind of thing. _There is no
> need to create a central listing_.

MEA is basically an attempt not so much to create a central listing as
to provide a place where you can try and come up with lists we don't
have yet or can be sure of finding one to work on ;-)

A couple of years back, it must have been, I remember someone talking
about having a category of "redlink articles"; pages of people's own
articles-to-get-around-to worklists. I don't know if it's still there,
but this might be just what you want.

(If you manage to find one, I'll write you a redlink list to go in it)

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk