[WikiEN-l] Harassment sites

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 22:40:18 UTC 2007

On 15/10/2007, fredbaud at waterwiki.info <fredbaud at waterwiki.info> wrote:
> From: William Pietri [mailto:william at scissor.com]

> > As you know, Fred, communities are prone to capture by special interest
> > groups.

> Yes, and it will be a miracle of the first order if Wikipedia escapes capture by some group.

Chucking 'em all in in one huge mess actually seems to work, because
out of the mess we usually get more than a few sincere Wikipedians,
who hold strong views but edit here with a view to *our* good cause. I
snicker whenever I see activist calls to action - it's like they're
threatening to throw us in the briar patch.

- d.