[WikiEN-l] Arbcom

Sam Blacketer sam.blacketer at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 14 14:10:18 UTC 2007

On 10/14/07, charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com <
charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> "Sam Blacketer"
>
> > The key problem is the temporary absence of active arbitrators. The
> > arbitrators are presumably unwilling to resign and lose their place
> > entirely.
>
> As far as I can see, the ArbCom has always burned out Arbitrators at a
> rate of about one every six weeks. Matters are not going to be improved by
> unseating them and not allowing them to return if they get a second wind.

Oh dear, I didn't make myself clear. My idea was that the deputies would
take over for a month or so, then give way to the full arbitrators once
again when they have the time to return.

Anyway, on my numbers, 15 in January gets down to around 8 or 9 rather
> groggy ones by October. This is about the size of it.

If, as other people say, this is happening every year and is considered a
problem, then merely expanding the size of the committee is not likely to do
anything to help.

--
Sam Blacketer
London E15