[WikiEN-l] Could we use a chore wheel?

Charlotte Webb charlottethewebb at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 18:35:18 UTC 2007

On 10/12/07, William Pietri <william at scissor.com> wrote:
> So for example, I might get a notice twice a month that I'm in for a
> four-hour shift on looking at AfDs, or RC patrol. Whatever area is in
> most need of labor gets the help. Perhaps we could include a way for
> people to report their shifts completed, so that we could list the virtuous.
>
> I'd use something like this. Would others?

I think as long as we remain volunteers, most of us will edit whatever
we want, whenever we want. If you want to work out some sort of
brownie point system for those whom you entice to work in the least
glamorous areas of the encyclopedia, it might be fun enough for some
people to play along with, but Wikipedians generally prefer to be
self-directed.

—C.W.