[WikiEN-l] Is Slate an attack site?

John Lee johnleemk at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 16:50:26 UTC 2007

On 10/11/07, fredbaud at waterwiki.info <fredbaud at waterwiki.info> wrote:

> The problem is that the link to the speculations about SlimVirgin, seem
> simply added as an afterthought. Kinda of like spitting in soup right before
> you serve it. The link really doesn't add anything to the discussion about
> Google. I think the information could be found in a source that is not
> spoiled in that way.

So let's say that I cite this in an article about Google's privacy issues.
What is the correct course of action for another editor?

A. Remove the link without replacing it;
B. Remove the link but only after replacing it with an equivalent source;
C. Leaving it alone but requesting a better source on the talk;

Of course, you are by no means restricted to these options. And this is not
exactly a vague and unlikely hypothesis; Slate is an eminently reputable and
reliable source by our guidelines, and the piece covers an encyclopedic
issue.

Johnleemk