[WikiEN-l] Removal of adminship...

Charlotte Webb charlottethewebb at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 18:28:54 UTC 2007

On 10/7/07, Adrian <aldebaer at googlemail.com> wrote:
> With that rationale, why would we need a process where the community
> expresses trust with the tools in the first place? Trust can expire in
> cases of prolonged borderline behaviour that ArbCom wouldn't act on. So
> you're basically saying: The community is good enough to be called upon
> to express their trust initially, but they can never express a change of
> heart regarding that trust? Sounds weird.

That presents an interesting and probably unintentional idea. What if
we were to re-poll all of the same "voters" that helped "elect" a
particular admin, just to see how much *their* trust has dwindled?
That could produce some interesting results. I'm not going to mention
any names but I can think of at least a couple of my own "support
votes" which I'd very much like to withdraw.

—C.W.