[WikiEN-l] Missed Opportunities to have avoided the Durova Case

jayjg jayjg99 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 00:26:12 UTC 2007

On Nov 29, 2007 7:16 PM, Alec Conroy <alecmconroy at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Alec, how can people show you e-mails they say don't exist to begin with?
>
> I'm sorry, but to mo knowlege, nobody has actually seriously said such
> conversations don't exist.

"However, since a number of people have insisted that such discussions
did not take place on any public mailing list we were aware of and
therefore could only have been in private correspondence, to keep
insisting otherwise is getting very close to accusing people of lying,
wouldn't you say?"
http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikien-l/2007-November/086359.html

> Durova has said multiple times that there
> were in-depth discussions and enthusiastic support.

Exactly how many times? Also, what *exactly* did she say there were
"in-depth discussions" and "enthusiastic support" for. *Exactly*, not
your personal impressions and feelings.

> If Durova swore
> to me on her honor that she made it all up and there were no such
> discussions, I'd be inclined to believe her. (although I'd also be
> inclined to call for her indef block if that were the case)

You are reading far more into Durova's e-mail and statement than is
actually there. Did you read Sam's e-mail? Read it five more times
please.