[WikiEN-l] Missed Opportunities to have avoided the Durova Case

Alec Conroy alecmconroy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 18:06:54 UTC 2007

> I can say with absolute confidence that it is not and was not in any
> way nefarious

I _hope_ I haven't either.  I tried very hard to insist that users
weren't TRYING to run afoul of these rules, they weren't trying to
hurt anyone-- quite the contrary, they were trying to protect people.
 But look at the RFC--- a lot of us are more scared of the police than
we are of the vandals.

> The problem is difficult and
> complex, and it is not made easier by "free speechers" who like to make
> the biggest wikidrama out of everything that they can.

Well, I know it's supposed to be a negative commentary, but all the
same, thank you for calling me a "free speecher"-- it's a most welcome
change of pace. :)

Alec