[WikiEN-l] Saucy Sources, reliable and re : libel.

William Pietri william at scissor.com
Fri Nov 16 19:31:11 UTC 2007

Ray Saintonge wrote:
>> This does leave us with the risk of having articles that have been
>> whitewashed due to legal threats. That worries me, so I've proposed a
>> warning template for articles in that condition:
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:William_Pietri/Legaldispute
>>
>> But I don't think anybody has used it yet.
>>

> With due respect, not even you?  But seeing that it is on a personal
> sub-page, it's most likely that no-one knows about it even if it has
> been there for more than a year.

Nope. I haven't placed it in an article. I agree that lack of promotion
is part of why it hasn't been used. For me it's a bit of a
chicken-and-egg situation.

If somebody would like to use it on an article, I'm glad to move it to
template space.  I'd like to follow David Gerard's suggestion to run the
phrasing by our PR and legal advisors at WMF first, so give me a few
days of warning.

William

--
William Pietri <william at scissor.com>