[WikiEN-l] Featured editors?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 12:48:45 UTC 2007

On 13/11/2007, Guy Chapman aka JzG <guy.chapman at spamcop.net> wrote:

> There's some truth in this, but I don't see much evidence that
> people are being actively banned just for holding a POV, only for
> disruptively asserting it.  I guess our tolerance for pedophilia
> activism and holocaust denial is pretty low, but the average
> holocaust denier engages in unambiguously banworthy editing (they
> are usually not too subtle in their biases).

The problem is not the POV per se, it's the manner of POV-pushing.
What we see is that POV-pushers from both fields just seem not to know
how to behave like civilised humans in practice, not just theory. So
the POV turns out to actually be a pretty reliable guide to "trouble
ahead." Which is a bit of a pity for the pursuit of the purest of
NPOV, though only about this much:
http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Template:Boohoo

-d.