[WikiEN-l] Featured editors?

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Tue Nov 13 12:39:40 UTC 2007

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 23:53:08 +0530, "Relata Refero"
<refero.relata at gmail.com> wrote:

>"Even if admins were blocking a specific POV- so what?" Well, here's why
>that thinking might be dangerous: most banned editors are banned for
>disruptively arguing their POV, nor their POV. If we ban accounts on the
>basis of POVs like already banned editors, that would be a severe error, and
>compromise our neutrality, our effectiveness, and our ability to criticize
>ourselves.

There's some truth in this, but I don't see much evidence that
people are being actively banned just for holding a POV, only for
disruptively asserting it.  I guess our tolerance for pedophilia
activism and holocaust denial is pretty low, but the average
holocaust denier engages in unambiguously banworthy editing (they
are usually not too subtle in their biases).

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:JzG