[WikiEN-l] Featured editors?

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Tue Nov 13 00:56:40 UTC 2007

On 12 Nov 2007 at 14:19:36 -0800, "Mark Wagner" <carnildo at gmail.com>
wrote:

> It would have been more useful for JzG to have specified what he was
> jailed for, but I believe it was for stalking and harassment.  More to
> the point, I believe he has been known to stalk Wikipedia editors
> (real-life stalking, not the wiki-stalking that shows up on AN/I).
> This is *not* the sort of person who you want on Wikipedia.

And it's a good thing the real-life authorities (not the Wikipedia
authorities) got involved, since they actually have the ability to
stop real-life stalking (like by jailing the stalker), something that
Wikipedia is completely powerless to do.  Banning him from the site,
while justified based on his actions, is pretty much useless for
stopping his off-wiki activity.

--
== Dan ==