[WikiEN-l] Featured editors?

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Sat Nov 10 10:38:32 UTC 2007

On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 05:18:24 -0500, "Alec Conroy"
<alecmconroy at gmail.com> wrote:

>Awbrey may be satan incarnate for all I know, but in my experience,
>Dan T has been nothing but civil.   The email you wrote attacking Dan
>for WR membership, instead of addressing his concerns, is the issue
>that concerns me.

Well, no, that's not what I did.  But I was tetchy.  I have had more
than enough of WR sympathisers.  That site is a nest of vipers right
now, and they are proving highly successful in twisting our people
to do their bidding, as we saw in the recent Alkivar arbitration.

I am of the view that being a good Wikipedia is, at this time,
fundamentally incompatible with playing any active part on Wikipedia
Review, because WR has as its goal to undermine and damage
Wikipedia, not to improve it, and because the power and influence
there is largely in the hands of determined abusers of Wikipedia.
People like Awbrey, Bagley, Barber.  Daniel Brandt I never had a
problem with, but he seems to be taking a back seat most of the
time, so the lunatics have taken over that particular asylum.

And as I say, Awbrey in particular has a looooong history of
disruption, including on this *exact* topic, and an equally long
history of ban evading sockpuppetry.

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk