[WikiEN-l] Pakistani politicians and systemic bias

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Wed Nov 7 19:00:02 UTC 2007

On Wed, 7 Nov 2007 17:17:17 +0000, <charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com>
wrote:

>I do get discouraged. How are we going to solve this one of non-native English speakers having contributions speedied, if it is always argued that failures are somehow "OK"? A7 is mainly there to zap teenagers and totally clueless contributors. Deletion has become _ever so casual_. There is the page history (of course), there are the backlinks, there is the contribution history. In fact the contribution history cuts both ways: you find other junk and vandalism, or you find evidence of clue.

The existence of a deleted contribs link in the history is of great
use in spotting those who have in the past gamed this particular
system.

Is deletion casual?  Maybe so.  I'm not even sure that's a problem;
if we make a big deal of it, that may be *more* of a problem.

As to zapping teenagers, the adult abusers of WP are much more
problematic than those promoting their garage band.  And much more
likely to register [[User:JB196|500 sock puppets]] to get back at
us.

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk