[WikiEN-l] pics from le Bourget

Gallagher Mark George m.g.gallagher at student.canberra.edu.au
Thu May 31 23:36:35 UTC 2007

G'day KP,

> On 5/31/07, Andrew Gray <shimgray at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I did an entire museum a little while ago - the trick I used was
> to do
> > two seperate sets of photos, the good camera taking high-res
> shots of
> > every artifact and the small compact running off lots of context
> > photos ("here is the entire cabinet") and pictures of labels,
> etc. Put
> > the two sets together, sort by timestamp, and you're done.
> >
> > [Or would be had I not forgotten to set one of them to daylight
> > savings. Still, it was a nice first attempt...]
>
> Yeah, I do this if I'm shooting in gardens, take two cameras,
> shoot the
> label and broad shot, then shoot the images I want with my good
> camera.Also for my art.  For me the flowers don't always come with
> signs, except
> for the ones I'm growing.  When I shoot in the field I take a
> cheap sketch
> book and a marker and write a sign and shoot it.  But yes, with
> air shows
> the signs are often also crowded with the other folks at the air
> shows, and
> not usually are they the one shot of the plane you want (cutting
> off nose
> and tail)--still, it can be useful.

One of the features I really like about my (otherwise quite poor)
digital camera is that it also allows for taking video and sound
recordings.  There's even a setting you can use where it will take
the photo, then switch to audio mode, and you speak a short
description of what you've just photographed.

Very handy.

<snip/>

--
[[User:MarkGallagher]]