[WikiEN-l] Just what *is* Jimbo's role anyway?

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Sat Mar 24 09:21:40 UTC 2007

geni wrote:
> On 3/23/07, ScottL <scott at mu.org> wrote:
>>    Is this an honest assessment?  Could a non-admin (or even a single
>> admin) go against him and not get banned?  Honestly?
>
> Yup done it.

In a separate email I mentioned something about our worst trolls under
my personal protection.  I just got scared that someone might think I
mean people like geni, who have had plenty of disagreements with me.

NO.  Geni is (in my opinion) often a pain in the neck, but also a very
valued member of the community who needs no protection or support from
me to do very well.

But the point is, I would never want to have an environment where
"disagreeing with Jimbo" is a bannable offense.  That is less likely
now, of course, than ever before, because we have functioning community
institutions which are quite properly growing in power so that I am less
and less needed over time.

--Jimbo