[WikiEN-l] Scott McCloud on Wikipedia

Jeff Raymond jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
Mon Feb 26 19:33:28 UTC 2007

Matthew Brown wrote:
> On 2/26/07, Jeff Raymond <jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com>
> wrote:
>> But I remain pessimistic.  Even now, after three weeks of consistent
>> abuses from many administrative forces, the only time Jimbo feels the
>> need
>> to step in is due to a wheel war.
>
> Have you considered that Jimbo may not want to have to do this - that
> he does not wish to micro-manage?

I'm sure that's the problem.  The point is that, somehow, an instance of
wheel-warring is his line.  I won't speak for him, and if he chooses to
speak for himself, he will, but that's very frustrating.

> I'm not sure what you mean by 'three weeks of consistent abuses',
> either.  I've been reading this mailing list and have not got that
> sense of things.

Not everything that goes on on-wiki gets spammed here, too.  Three weeks
was misleading by me, anyway - it's more of a spike in activity that's
been continuous for as long as I can remember.

-Jeff