[WikiEN-l] User:UBX

Luna lunasantin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 19:46:12 UTC 2007

On 2/22/07, Jeremy Cushman <mets501wiki at gmail.com> wrote:

> I created the User:UBX account solely to host userboxes migrated via the
> Userbox Migration (formerly called The German Solution).  I have been
> using
> my bot, User:MetsBot, to migrate many useboxes to a subpage of
> User:UBX.  I
> started by migrating only clearly controversial userboxes, but then moved
> into userboxes about interests, etc, which was met by opposition from
> some.
> Just to be clear, isn't the consensus that we're migrating basically all
> userboxes which cannot directly help the project, and keeping ones such as
> languages, education level and expertise, WikiProject affiliations, time
> zones, locations, and a few others?  Should a userbox like "This user was
> boy scout" really not be migrated?
> Thanks.
> --Mets501

Where there's a consensus to move the userboxes, I don't see any harm in
keeping a central library. Even if you don't move them into that userspace,
you could have redirects pointing out *from* User:UBX to the actual
template/userpages involved.

As far as where the consensus is, I haven't touched or looked at anything
involving the userbox wars for quite some time. I suppose, if everything is
located in or pointed at from the userspace of User:UBX, then you might be
able to make a template which accepts userbox names as a parameter and calls
the relevant subpages.

But not sure if other people will think that's a good idea. ;)

-Luna