[WikiEN-l] Sanger and CZ

William Pietri william at scissor.com
Sun Feb 11 06:38:09 UTC 2007

Glen S wrote:
> Tell me, have any of you read this:
> http://daveydweeb.com/2007/02/07/citizendium-isnt-interested-in-your-opinion/
>
> I was shocked when I read it... that is, until I read Sanger's response
> beneath it... then I was absolutely dumbfounded. With a guy with that
> attitude at the helm, I'm expecting the CZ project to fizzle out VERY
> quicky.

Wow. That makes me sad. I was rooting for them, hoping that they would
make a useful competitor. "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens
another," and all that. When I read the linked post, I was suspicious,
as David Still's quoting clearly doesn't present the full picture. But
then I read this bit from Sanger:

    If I “micromanage everything,” it is because no one else will
    actually step up to do any of the relevant managing at all.

How unfortunate.

For those wanting more background on the link, here is daveydweeb's
original post, which has a lot of apparently sincere content along with
some inconsiderate and overdramatic language:

http://daveydweeb.com/2007/02/03/and-yet-still-so-far-to-go/

Here's where he posts on the Citizendium forums, apologizing for the
language and trying to get more discussion about the content:

http://forum.citizendium.org/index.php/topic,514.msg4122.html

Of course, that did get me to go look at Citizendium again, only to find
they won't show me anything. Sadder still.

William