[WikiEN-l] Your comments on wikien-l regarding adminship

Gary Kirk gary.kirk at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 20:49:36 UTC 2007

IMHO, it should be easier to get adminship as a) it's No Big Deal(r)
and b) all actions can now  be reversed - and users can quickly be
dysopped. The three month tenure, however, I find silly - if someone
was good enough and behaved well for those three months then obviously
they should be allowed to continue. Desysopping after three months
would turn the whole RfA process into a lottery-like game - "if it's
no big deal, why can't I continue as an admin?".

I also disagree with not allowing users to object to more than one RfA
every three months - Wikipedia is not a democracy.

On 2/9/07, Timwi <timwi at gmx.net> wrote:
> Kelly Martin wrote:
> >
> > Have you seen my proposal for adminship?  It's on my blog at
> >
> http://nonbovine-ruminations.blogspot.com/2006/10/proposal-for-adminship-on-english.html
>
> Nice. You appear to be going in the same direction as me, but I want it
> even more radical. :) In particular, your system still requires people
> to _ask_ for adminship (which, again, would be analogous to requiring
> them to apply for editing privileges instead of just letting people
> register freely), and I find one month a bit excessive. Other than that,
> I think you hit the nail on the head :)

Gary Kirk