[WikiEN-l] An expanded-topic Mailing List

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Thu Feb 8 10:46:22 UTC 2007

Guettarda wrote:

>On 2/6/07, NSLE (Wikipedia) wrote:
>

>>I think #wikipedia does that job well enough.
>>

>IRC is a cesspool - you should include a warning to people before sending
>them that way.

Good reason to avoid it!  The problem with chat rooms is that they are
geared toward people with short attention spans who think is one-line
bites.  The kind of thoughtful discussion that Marc envisions does not
fit in that kind of environment.  In some cases I prefer to wait a day
or two to think about my answer before replying.

Ec