[WikiEN-l] Discussion forum - The WikBack

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 00:53:30 UTC 2007

On 28/12/2007, Risker <risker.wp at gmail.com> wrote:

> Now please, I say this in good faith:  You might want to beef up that
> privacy policy. Most message boards include statements like not sharing IP
> addresses with third parties unless required by law, not selling the mailing
> list, explicitly stating that one's email address will be visible to other
> users (like it is here on wiki-en-l), etc.  They could be built into the
> registration form, as an alternative.  I'm offering these suggestions
> because privacy is a concern to a lot of people who have an interest in
> Wikipedia (whether registered users or not), and these questions are likely
> to recur.

UC's been a Wikipedian since it was wikipedia.com, and I'd trust him
with all sorts of evil details. But I'm sure there's wording out there
for a suitable privacy policy all ready to use, and pointers would be
most useful.

(I occasionally wonder at how valuable wikien-l is, and have recently
considered roughly fortnightly asking the other listmods to with me
ask the Foundation to shut the thing as less useful than nothing. It's
been better in the last few months, but still not quite fit for human
consumption. I dunno.)

- d.

- d.