[WikiEN-l] Conflict of Interest

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 11:51:17 UTC 2007

On 12/22/07, michael west <michawest at gmail.com> wrote:
> Should I be bold and delete the text which offends me? I am unfortunately a
> congregant of the church and I know that the person who has written most of
> the new text is a cleric in the order. From both sides there is a conflict
> of interest. comments?

It's a question of priority. I think we'd rather have a mediocre
article than no article. I think we'd rather have an ok article with
"conflict of interest" than no article. Don't get too worked up: the
"conflict of interest" rules are there to provide guidance when there
is both someone from a company writing about the company, and someone
who's objecting. In your small case, it sounds like there's a decent
article, which probably mildly violates NPOV and V, but save your
hand-wringing for more serious cases.

Steve