[WikiEN-l] Conflict of Interest

luke brandt shojokid at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 08:14:21 UTC 2007

michael west wrote:
> I created a couple of articles about local Catholic churches (of outstanding
> architecture). I have been away on campus for a while and have not been able
> to check my articles. I will admit that my original wasn't great but it has
> now been transformed into an advert for the current order running the church
> see
> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Church_of_the_Holy_Name_of_Jesus%2C_Manchester&diff=178098919&oldid=82928398
> -
> the new text is very dodgy but definately compliments my original text.
> Should I be bold and delete the text which offends me? I am unfortunately a
> congregant of the church and I know that the person who has written most of
> the new text is a cleric in the order. From both sides there is a conflict
> of interest. comments?

Hi Michael,

As you are both personally involved in the church concerned, suggested
that in order to avoid 'conflict of persons' (perhaps more serious than
CoI) to try and think out an 'encyclopedic' wording that you will all
find OK. Is this anything to do with the Roman Rite and
transubstantiation, by the way? Thanks -- luke