[WikiEN-l] WP:EPISODE

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Sat Dec 22 02:04:06 UTC 2007

Andrew Gray wrote:
> When we have 90% or 95% of a set, the remaining 5% in many ways are
> significant and worth writing about simply for the value in having a
> complete set.

The trouble is deciding which way to tip. In the Farscape case, we had
articles on every fictional species that appeared in more than one or
two episodes.

Then a low-profile AfD managed to slip in and delete the article on one
of the more prominent members, and after that it was a case of "why do
we have articles on all these minor species when we don't have this
prominent one?" We went from 95% to 0. That's the wrong direction for an
encyclopedia whose goal is comprehensiveness to be going in.