[WikiEN-l] WP:EPISODE

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 22:09:11 UTC 2007

On 21/12/2007, Nathan Awrich <nawrich at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a technical reason why 'breakout' articles can't be article
> subpages? In that way they wouldn't be articles in themselves, but
> subsets of other articles, and you could judge the notability of an
> article in whole without judging its individual components separately.
> Maybe a worry that a proliferation of article subpages would make
> things unmanageable?

If by "technical reason" you mean something to do with the code behind
the site, no, not at all. Subpages work, we just made the choice a
long time ago not to use them. A subpage is really just a page with a
slash in the title, the fact that's it's a subpage only causes a few
very minor changes in how things work.

If a subject is worth a subarticle, it's worth an article, IMHO, I
don't really see how having a slash in the name makes a big enough
difference.