[WikiEN-l] vanishing talk pages

Matthew Brown morven at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 21:51:24 UTC 2007

On Dec 20, 2007 9:59 AM, doc <doc.wikipedia at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> The right to vanish is a right of contributors to leave, no questions
> asked, it is not a right to pull all your correspondence from the file
> and demand the employer shred every document you're ever signed.

I am also increasingly concerned that cases where someone is strongly
insisting on a 'right to vanish' that it's actually 'right to return
under another identity' being exercised, and the purpose for the
deletions is to remove as much as possible the institutional memory
and tell-tale signs of that person's previous interactions and
behavior.

IMO, vanish means vanish.  You're not vanishing if you're coming back
with a new face.

-Matt