[WikiEN-l] COO story now in major media

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 21:13:47 UTC 2007

On 21/12/2007, Risker <risker.wp at gmail.com> wrote:

> The AP has now latched onto the COO story, I caught this when checking out
> Fox News.
> Now, I have previously argued that Doran wasn't notable on the talk page of
> the article (both article and talk page are currently deleted and, I
> presume, salted) and I will leave it to brighter minds than mine whether or
> not major media reports make a difference to her notability or the
> notability of the story. Nonetheless, people might want to put their
> thinking caps on because somebody is much more likely to take the deletion
> to DRV now.

It's a pretty clear single-incident bio - [[WP:BLP1E]].

"When a person is associated with only one event, such as for a
particular relatively unimportant crime or for standing for
governmental election, consideration needs to be given to the need to
create a standalone article on the person. If reliable sources only
cover the person in the context of a particular event, then a separate
biography may be unwarranted.

"Coverage in Reliable sources may at times be extensive and may expand
upon the person's background, but information on the person should
generally be included in the article on the event itself, unless the
information is so large that this would make the article unwieldy or
sources have written primarily about the person, and only secondarily
about the event. In that case, the discussion of the person should be
broken out from the event article in summary style."

- d.