[WikiEN-l] COO story now in major media

Risker risker.wp at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 21:10:13 UTC 2007

The AP has now latched onto the COO story, I caught this when checking out
Fox News.

Now, I have previously argued that Doran wasn't notable on the talk page of
the article (both article and talk page are currently deleted and, I
presume, salted) and I will leave it to brighter minds than mine whether or
not major media reports make a difference to her notability or the
notability of the story. Nonetheless, people might want to put their
thinking caps on because somebody is much more likely to take the deletion
to DRV now. I'm posting this to the list as opposed to AN to reduce the
signal to noise ratio, knowing that there are many people moderated here
right now but that a range of opinions is still available and the list is
publicly accessible.

I feel kind of sad to be posting this, but given that the first round of
deletions and other actions led to some hard feelings all around, it's
probably better to develop an action plan before someone does something that
leads to unnecessary drama.  I am AFK for the next 8 hours so won't be
involving myself in any discussion.

Risker