[WikiEN-l] WP:EPISODE

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Fri Dec 21 00:43:12 UTC 2007

joshua.zelinsky at yale.edu wrote:
> Ok, I've asked at that page if there is any real consensus for the
> guideline. If
> you have an opinion, feel free to comment. I'm about to go on vacation
> now, and
> will leave therefore thankfully miss any ensuing drama.

I've chipped in too now, for folks who want a direct link it's at
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Television_episodes#Is_there_any_actual_consensus_for_this_guideline_at_all.3F>.
I'm of two minds here whether I should start actually reverting and
restoring some of the more obviously wrong-headed deletions that have
already been done; on the one hand of course revert-warring is bad, but
on the other hand I'm worried about the fait accompli gambit that
appears to be in play here.

Really, this is a stupid overreach of notability-mongering. Any given
random episode of a show like Scrubs has been seen by millions of people
and is going to be available in DVD box-sets for years and years to
come, that _alone_ puts it above 90% of the articles we have about books
or wee little towns or dead congressmen or what have you. We've got
articles on hundreds of asteroids that are known only by a few orbital
parameters in a catalogue someplace and there's nary a complaint. I'm
extremely annoyed.