[WikiEN-l] The Wikipedia critics' perfect storm

joshua.zelinsky at yale.edu joshua.zelinsky at yale.edu
Mon Dec 17 03:44:00 UTC 2007

Quoting "Daniel R. Tobias" <dan at tobias.name>:

> On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 01:13:45 +0000, "Andrew Gray"
> <shimgray at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm really not sure this has faded as much as you make out. I mean, I
>> stumbled across *yet another* of those "let's look at Wikipedia, isn't
>> it really exciting" articles today entirely by accident -
>> http://thephoenix.com/article_ektid52864.aspx
>
> But I'll note that this positively-toned article does include a link
> to Wikipedia Review, showing that even friendly, sympathetic
> reporters don't seem to share the "Linking to attack sites is EVIL!"
> taboo.

And Daniel once again demonstrates that all conversation threads on Wikien-l
ultimately will devolve to a very limited set of topics. Is there some way we
can combine BADSITES with Spoiler Warnings? I know, I'll go propose a policy
that we can't link to any site that contains/does not contain (pick whichever
pisses you off more) spoilers.