[WikiEN-l] One alternative

Risker risker.wp at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 22:16:43 UTC 2007

On 12/6/07, Guy Chapman aka JzG <guy.chapman at spamcop.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 16:06:16 -0500, "Daniel R. Tobias"
> <dan at tobias.name> wrote:
>
> >Yeah... the "rutabaga" analogy is more apt.  187 articles currently
> >contain that word, while a few hundred contain links to sites that have
> >been considered "badsites" by some.
>
> You really have no idea how offensive your fatuous example is to
> those who have been viciously attacked, do you?
>
> But then I don't suppose you've ever had your home address and
> telephone stuck on the web, or had people call your home, or try to
> get you sacked, or stalk you.
>
> Tempting though it is to wish that you could see the other side of
> that particular coin, actually I would not wish it on my worst
> enemy.  So do please try to use your evidently fertile imagination
> instead.
>
> Guy (JzG)
> --
> http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:JzG

The whole lot of you really need to stop this.  Guy, there are plenty of
people who have had all of those things happen to them, and it is insulting
for those of us who have had it happen to hear you imply that not linking to
Wikipedia Review will save us from such things happening.  If you use your
real name on the web, and you tick off real people, they may well give you
real life headaches.  I am terribly sorry your wife is paying the price for
your hobby.

And Dan - yes, Rutabaga is insulting.

This discussion has gone on long enough, and everyone just needs to get over
themselves.  Everyone is right and everyone is wrong.

Now...go to your rooms or no pudding.

Risker