[WikiEN-l] Durova/!! matter now in newspaper.

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 19:50:13 UTC 2007

On 04/12/2007, Bryan Derksen <bryan.derksen at shaw.ca> wrote:

> A suggestion I've been pondering is to expand [[Wikipedia:Mailing
> lists]] to list _all_ mailing lists where Wikipedia is the topic,
> annotated and subsectioned to keep the "unofficial" stuff properly
> segregated of course. The mailing lists don't have to be public or open,
> IMO merely listing their existence and subject matter would be very
> useful for keeping paranoia levels down.

This strikes me as hard to enforce. The cyberstalking list started as
a cc: list and was then put on Wikia; anyone who feels they have
something to say to more than one person without a mob inquiry and
consequent Orlowskiing would just keep it as a cc: list. I don't see
it as feasible to regulate cc: lists.

- d.