[WikiEN-l] Missed Opportunities to have avoided the Durova Case

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Mon Dec 3 16:56:03 UTC 2007

On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 15:34:58 +0200, "Jussi-Ville Heiskanen"
<cimonavaro at gmail.com> wrote:

>Now you are seriously suggesting that Durova is grooming a secret
>meat-puppet army of Pinkertons? Gees. I certainly wouldn't ever want
>you defending me in any public forum, anywhere, and that is for the
>record.

Indeed, and based on no evidence at all other than her actually
saying so.  Shameful.

Do bear in mind, though, that this was all done with the very best
intentions.  Durova was of the view (justified to a certain extent)
that Wikipedia is the target of determined, well-organised and
intelligent abusers, against whom vigilance was appropriate.

The problem comes when vigilance becomes vigilante.

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:JzG