[WikiEN-l] Ten things is a good idea - sort of

stevertigo stvrtg at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 07:10:42 UTC 2007

Hello list,

I like the fact that people (by one means or another) agreed on using
the banner space for something other than the fund drive (there is
already a permanent link in the interaction sidebox, no?).  Then
things is an interesting usage for that valuable bulletin space.

But I don't think its the best usage. A better usage would be for
mobjobs; fix-it tasks which would effectively serve double duty as
reminders (or first time notices) of some basic process and policy,
focusing on particular problems or aspects. These can be minor items
that need lots of eyeballs to correct on a large scale. My favorite
peeves are:
* the misuse of external links in the body of articles,
* improper hatnotes (WP:HAT - hey, my protologism is official terminology! ;)
* self refs in-body/outside-of-parenthesis. 'For more information,' etc.

-stevertigo