[WikiEN-l] Misogyny is the perfect troll

Steven Walling steven.walling at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 04:12:28 UTC 2007

Well, actually, I am quite offended by the wide usage of pimp as well. I
would even say it's become the "faggot" of misogynistic terms. But honestly,
though I support removing it from userboxes and such as hate speech (look
out! loaded word) I think that Wikipedia is a microcosm of the larger
problem, and sadly, I doubt you're going to get things changed on-wiki so
long as the term is culturally acceptable off wiki.