[WikiEN-l] Jayjg is not AWOL

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 05:50:58 UTC 2007

On 8/28/07, Daniel R. Tobias <dan at tobias.name> wrote:
> On 28 Aug 2007 at 14:57:16 -0700, "George Herbert"
> <george.herbert at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Either the system works... we are mostly honorable people, and have
> > enough honest and principled people that if something seriously
> > sinister started someone would stand up and publically announce it and
> > call for it to end.
>
> ...and get labeled a "troll", his messages summarily deleted as
> trolling, and eventually he gets banned, then any subsequent person
> who expresses similar ideas gets labeled a "sockpuppet" and banned
> too, even more summarily.  And the clique pats themselves on the back
> for defeating another bad guy.

None of these things have happened to Cyde.

A lot of this is in AGF - if it's someone "we know" who believes
there's an issue, even if they turn out to be wrong, they won't
generally be taken to be trying to "just stir shit up".

We don't AGF about a lot of people who have dissapointed the
community, to the point that it's hard for them to make legitimate
reasonable criticisms in many venues now.  That is clearly a legit
problem.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com