[WikiEN-l] Misogyny is the perfect troll

Steven Walling steven.walling at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 04:12:16 UTC 2007

What thread are you speaking of? Have you really been attacked as a woman
authority figure on-wiki by anyone other than vandals? I mean, I wouldn't be
surprised, but I don't think I've ever seen any cases of outright misogyny.
Usually people are too focused on the faggot, N-bomb, commie-pinko, faggot,
nerd, faggot, loser vein to bother to say "get back in the kitchen, stupid
woman". Or maybe it's that there are so few female Wikipedians that it
hasn't had the opportunity to crop up yet...which might be even worse an
issue, imo