[WikiEN-l] Misogyny is the perfect troll

Durova nadezhda.durova at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 03:00:54 UTC 2007

In respect to a thread here and a recent private discussion I'll highlight
the valuable side effects of misogyny.

*Misogyny discredits the individual who possesses it.*  From a distance it
may not be obvious which side of a dispute can supply better evidence,
but open bigotry sure as heck is obvious.

*Misogyny relieves me of regrets.*  Sometimes I second guess myself after I
use the sysop tools.  A sexist quip clears my conscience.  I go away happy
to be the sysop and equally happy the fellow is blocked or banned.

*Misogyny is the perfect troll. * I'm not above a little *schadenfreude*; I
think it's hilarious.  Misogyny generates misery among a certain set of
people who are basically unpleasant anyway and wastes huge amounts of their
time and energy.  Best of all, I break zero rules and keep all my online
buddies while they make themselves despised and sometimes even endanger
their careers.

-Durova