[WikiEN-l] Jayjg is not AWOL

Marc Riddell michaeldavid86 at comcast.net
Mon Aug 27 21:18:33 UTC 2007

on 8/27/07 2:40 PM, George Herbert at george.herbert at gmail.com wrote:

> It's not trolling to ask "are you looking at this?" or state "I'm very
> concerned about this".

George,

Thanks for this. The word "trolling", the phrase "to troll", and what
defines "a troll" all seem to have different meanings to different people in
the Community. One person, writing in this thread, defined it as "stirring
shit up".

If trying to call attention to issues you feel are important to the health
of the Community - but you believe are being ignored - is "trolling" - then
I qualify. In fact, using my definition - my university offered a Ph.D.
program in Trolling (subtitled: stirring shit up) :-).

Marc Riddell