[WikiEN-l] Solid, obvious, elegant, workable deadminning criteria? (was No RFAs in progress...)

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 17:52:33 UTC 2007

On 23/08/07, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:

> > What criteria for deadminning are you thinking of? "Unpopular for
> > deleting 1000 fair-abuse images" or something that'll be usable for
> > that shouldn't be amongst them, for instance.

> The same at the criteria for a block. Violating policy. When such a
> violation requires action and what action is required should be at the
> discretion of the crat, just as it's at the discretion of the admin
> for blocks.

The criterion for a block is actually preventing damage - not
punishment, which is why mere past policy violation isn't reason for a
block and blocks for old 3RRs are ill-favoured.

So presumably de-adminning would also be for prevention of damage.

Examples would be useful as well, so we aren't talking entirely in the
abstract. Probably with names removed.

- d.