[WikiEN-l] No RFAs in progress...

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 16:46:19 UTC 2007

> Most of the whining that "it's impossible to de-admin someone" means
> the complainant is upset that someone can't be deadminned because the
> complainant is upset, and there's all this *tedious procedure* to go
> through. In practice, it's easier now than it's ever been.

Yes, but the reason we make it quite difficult to desysop someone is
because it's rarely necessary, since we are so careful not to promote
anyone questionable. If we relax promotions, we would need to relax
demotions too. And if we relax demotions, we would be able to relax
promotions. It's rather circular, but the end result is that we have
to do both at the same time for it to work.