[WikiEN-l] No RFAs in progress...

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 13:46:51 UTC 2007

> Maybe now somebody will realise that something is fundamentally wrong with
> our adminship process. It does not scale; it worked when we were smaller,
> but now it seems to me that the old indicators of trustworthiness for
> adminship are unreliable; in the first place, the RfA process seems to
> diminish the importance of the trust factor, emphasising more the ILIKEIT
> and IDONTLIKEIT factors.

What happens on RfA doesn't tell us anything about how well our
adminship process is working. You need to look at what actual admins
do, not what is said about admin candidates. No-one standing for
adminship doesn't mean we don't have enough admins, you need to look
at the size of admin backlogs to determine that. People giving reasons
you don't like on RfAs doesn't means admins are becoming less
trustworthy, you need to look at what admins do wrong to determine
that.

RfA may be the cause of these problems, but you need to look at the
symptoms to determine if there actually is a problem.